Gummy vitamins and gummy vitamins for kids have existed since 1997. They are a popular alternative to regular vitamins for kids. Since they are colorful and flavorful, children are more attracted to them. Thus, it is easier to get kids to take their vitamins. Gummy vitamins for kids even have organic options.
Are Gummy Vitamins Effective?
While the preferred method to obtain vitamins and nutrients is through a healthy, well-balanced diet, there are times when that does not happen. That’s where vitamin supplements come in. There are several options for children, such as liquid, chewable, pills or gummies, but gummy vitamins for kids seem to be a preference. They are easy to chew, and they taste good.
Gummy vitamins provide nutrients just like other forms of vitamins, and gummies are easier for your child’s body to absorb. Before deciding which vitamin to give your child, compare the labels. Pay attention to which vitamins and how much each supplement provides.
Benefits of Giving Your Child Gummy Vitamins
Giving your child gummy vitamins like Wellements baby products enables you to rest a little bit easier knowing that they are getting those extra vitamins that they wouldn’t have received otherwise.
Some of the benefits of gummy vitamins are:
- If your child is a picky eater, they might not be getting enough nutrition through food, so taking a multivitamin will replace missing nutrients.
- If your child is on a restrictive diet, adding a supplement is beneficial.
- If you do not always have time to fix a nutritious meal, a vitamin can fill in the gap.
- If your child cannot or will not swallow a pill, chewing a gummy is an easier option.
- If your child does not like the taste of chewable or liquid vitamins, gummies will work better as they taste like candy.
Be aware, though, that not all gummy vitamins are the same. Check the label to ensure the benefits do not outweigh the risks. If the vitamin is full of sugar or unnecessary preservatives, it might be causing more harm than good.
Safety Tips for Gummy Vitamins
All parents want to protect their kids from danger, so it is important to keep gummy vitamins out of the reach of children, just like you would any other medication.
- Follow the recommended daily dosage. More is not always better, especially with supplements.
- Read the label to ensure there are no ingredients to which your child might be allergic or have a sensitivity.
- Be sure the vitamin is formulated for children and matches the age of your child. For instance, do not give toddler vitamins to a baby.
- Keep track of other supplements and vitamins your child takes to avoid vitamin overdosing.
- Check with your pediatrician if you are unsure which gummy vitamins for kids to choose.
No vitamin, even gummies, should take the place of healthy, nutrient-rich foods, but if your child is not getting enough of the right nutrition through their diet, gummy vitamins are a convenient and fun way to supplement. Just remember to read labels and make the best and healthiest choice for your child.