Shopping for environmentally conscious bath towels can be challenging. There are no universal standards, so it’s hard to know if they are as eco-friendly as the marketing says.
One good strategy when hunting for eco-friendly bath towels is to look for towels with environmental certifications. These certifications tell you that the company’s sustainable practices have been verified by a third party.
Certifications to search for on bath towels are:
- GOTS: The Global Organic Textile Standard certification tells us that 70% of the fibers in the towel are organic. GOTS certification also requires the company to meet energy and water consumption standards during manufacturing.
- OEKO TEX: This certification means the towel materials were tested and are ecologically sound and will not harm humans.
- GRS: The Global Recycle Standard means the towels contain recycled content. Also, good environmental, social, and chemical practices are required during production.
After you verify that the product you want to buy is eco friendly, these are other qualifies to look for in your bath towels:
- Soft: Bamboo and organic cotton are often best for that soft feel. But there are alternatives such as flax or hemp.
- Absorbent: Check reviews to see how absorbent the towel weave is. Cotton is often the best, but flax and bamboo get high marks, too.
- Quick-drying: Polyester and bamboo dry fast, which is convenient and reduces odor.
Now that you know what makes an eco-friendly towel, here are some products to consider:
Belgian Linen Hand Towel
These 100% Belgian linen towels are stunning and raw with several different textures available for every design. They are great for guest towels in the second bathroom or a decorative accent on any table in your home.
Features of this product:
- Belgian lenin is made of flax
- Every part of the flax plant is used
- The towel weaving mill is CO2 neutral
- Towel can be machine washed and air dried
Organic Cotton Hoodie Baby Towel
This is a waffle towel with hood that is the easy and perfect choice when you take your baby out of the bath. Easy to swaddle the baby for a good feeling and plenty of comfort. This is an eco-friendly towel with an honest and simple design that cares for both baby and the environment.
The towel maker is Danish and its products are 100% GOTS certified organic cotton.
The next time you are looking for eco-friendly towels, keep the above information in products in mind!
Leave a comment