With our impending move comes our impending downsize. We aren’t moving just yet, but it’s never too early to start planning and gathering ideas to make sure the next place feels just like home. Moving house doesn’t necessarily mean new furniture, but the reality is that sometimes you have to adapt your furnishings in your new abode. And that means some using versatile decor.
1) Caspian Tall Storage Unit (Asda £59) – I’m loving the versatility that this piece can offer. From a DVD storage centre in the living room, to a book shelf in the hall, to a place to store my makeup and display perfumes in my bedroom. I like the slim and tall size, which is a must in any flat to make the best use of space.
2) George Home Prince’s Trust Votive Candle 3 Pack (Asda £5) – Who doesn’t love candles? This little set can bring the brightness and vibrance of spring and summer without requiring a complete colour overhaul.
3) House by John Lewis Balance Rug Multi (John Lewis £100) – A rug can really tie a room together. When you don’t want your other half to feel as though he is living in a bachelorette pad, compromise is key. I find that this rug brings in the perfect colour balance in the room, without making it too girly.
4) Black Teardrop Beanbag Chair (Beanbagboss $149.99 CAD / roughly £78.68) – If you have a small home, sometimes seating can be quite a pain. When unexpected guests pop over you really don’t know where to sit them. And offering them a space on the floor isn’t the way to go. A bean bag chair adds a mix of fun and practicallity to the decor. It can be used in the living room, bedroom, and anywhere really. This teardrop chair is unique to your typical retro bean bags as it has structure. Plus it won’t make your house look like a teenagers haven.
5) George Home Pink Lemonade Oxford Edge Cushion (Asda £4) – If you want versatility in decor, throw cushions are the way to go. I love switching out cushions depending on the season and the colour schemes I’m loving at the moment. I even move them from room to room. Again, it gives me the opportunity to thrown in some girly colours, and not have the other half object.
Do you have any versatile decor tips you want to share?
Leave a comment