Many kinds of pests can invade your home, but some are more damaging than others. The worst kind to have is an infestation of damaging pests, as they can do a lot of damage if left unchecked. In this article, we will discuss the different kinds of damaging pests and what you can do to get rid of them. This will include hiring professional pest controllers such as JB’s Pest Control Services. To go it alone with pests is not to be recommended.
Here then are the different categories of pests to think about.
Pests that Damage Structures
The most damaging pests are those that eat away at your home’s structure. These include termites, carpenter ants, and powderpost beetles. If you have any of these pests in your home, it is important to get rid of them as soon as possible. Otherwise, they will continue to damage your home until it is destroyed.
Another type of damaging pest is one that infests your food. These include cockroaches, rats, and mice. These pests can contaminate your food and spread diseases to you and your family. You will want these types of pests eliminated at the earliest possible opportunity because it is not nice to think of them in your food.
Some pests can spread diseases to you and your family. These include mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas. These pests can transmit diseases like malaria, Lyme disease, and the bubonic plague. If you have any of these pests in your home, it is important to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Getting Rid of Pests
It is important to get rid of damaging pests sooner rather than later. The best way to do this is to call a pest control company. They will be able to identify the pest and provide you with the best course of action to get rid of them.
Pests can be a major annoyance and, in some cases, they can also cause serious damage to your home. It’s important to be mindful of the different kinds of pests you might encounter and take steps to get rid of them as quickly as practically possible. Ignoring an infestation can lead to even bigger problems down the road, so it’s always best to be proactive.
The most damaging pests to watch out for, to give you more specific details on each species, are:
- Termites: These tiny insects can do a lot of damage to your home if left unchecked. They feast on wood, which means they can quickly weaken the structural integrity of your house.
- Carpenter Ants: Like termites, carpenter ants can also damage the wood in your home. However, they don’t eat wood, they simply tunnel through it. This can weaken the structure of your home to the extent it is more susceptible to collapse.
- Powderpost Beetles: These pests damage wood by eating the starch that is found in it. This can leave your home’s wood weakened and vulnerable to damage.
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches are not only a major annoyance, but they can also spread diseases to you and your family. They can contaminate food and spread illnesses like Salmonella and E. coli.
- Rats and Mice: Like cockroaches, rats and mice can also spread diseases to you and your family like those mentioned above.
- Mosquitoes, Ticks, and Fleas: These pesky creatures spread diseases like malaria, Lyme disease, and the bubonic plague, as referred to earlier.
If you have any of these damaging pests in your home, it’s important to call a pest control company right away. The sooner you take action, the better chance you have of getting rid of them before they cause serious damage to your home.