Are you experiencing severe symptoms of menopause, like hot flashes, depression, and weight gain? Navigating the postmenopausal stage can be difficult for women, especially to those who are suffering from severe side effects. If you are one of the sufferers, you may consider a natural menopause solution to alleviate your condition.
Menopause occurs when a woman fails to experience menstruation for at least 12 months. The average age of menopausal women is 51-52 years old. In the United States, there are around 1.3 million women who become menopausal every year. About 5% of these women suffer from early menopause when they are 40-45 years old.
Signs and Symptoms of Menopause
Before experiencing menopause, women undergo a perimenopausal stage. However, the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause are virtually the same. Here some of the common menopausal symptoms:
- No menstruation for 12 straight months
- Dryness of your vagina
- Anxiety and depression
- Weight gain
- Frequent urination
- Soreness or tenderness of breasts
- Loss or thinning of hair
- Joint pain or stiffness
- Headaches and racing heart
- Reduced sex drive or libido
- Dryness of skin, eyes, and mouth
- Hair growth on other body parts, like chest, neck, upper back, and face.
- Memory loss
- Night sweats and sleep problems
Recommended Natural Remedies for Menopausal Side Effects
The side effects of menopause are unique in each woman. To alleviate your symptoms, find a natural menopause solution that fits for you. For severe symptoms, it is best to consult with your physician for proper diagnosis and treatment. Here are some of the natural strategies to treat your menopausal health problems ease your symptoms:
- Regular exercise and proper diet. Physical activities and the right supplements can lessen your risk of osteoporosis, increase your energy level, and improve your sleep.
- Keep yourself cool and comfortable. To manage your hot flashes, use loose and layered clothing, particularly during warm weather and at night.
- Seek the help of a professional, like a psychologist or therapist, if you experience feelings of anxiety, sadness, identity changes, and depression. You may also confide with your friends and family members to gain their support.
- Take good care of your skin. Use moisturizing products to limit dryness and maintain the health of your skin. Also, refrain from frequent bathing or a long time at the pool to avoid irritating or drying out your skin.
- Do relaxation and breathing exercises, like box breathing, yoga, and meditation. These activities will calm you and enhance your mood. It is an excellent way to overcome depression, loneliness, and anxiety.
- Resolve your sleeping issues. If you experience difficulty getting sleep, you may consult with your physician to discuss how to manage it effectively. He/she may recommend some over-the-counter drugs or natural sleep aids to treat your insomnia.
- Stop bad habits like smoking and excessive drinking of alcoholic beverages. These vices can worsen your symptoms.
- Some herbal remedies like black cohosh, red clover, ginseng, and evening primrose oil may alleviate your symptoms. Experiment to find what works best for you. Always consult with your physician before trying these herbs.
Experiencing the severe side effects of menopause can affect your quality of life and relationships with others. Follow the health tips above with the approval of your doctor to treat your menopausal health problems alleviate your suffering.